Database Administrator (DBA)See all recent Jobs
Skills: Microsoft SQL Server DBA with over 6+ years of IT experience in installation, upgrade, backup, recovery, administration, maintenance for MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 r2/2008/2005 Good knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
Reference Number: UPC210405
Greece Full Time
Upcom is a dynamic IT company with 20 years of experience that provides end-to-end web and mobile solutions helping businesses to reinvent themselves in the digital world. Our team’s skills and expertise will ensure the holistic digital transformation of any organization, which will considerably improve both business operations and customer’s experience. Our goal is to always have our end products and services reflect our deep engineering skills and elegant progressive design aesthetic. We fundamentally believe deeply in developing long term strategic partnerships with our clients by exceeding expectations and maintaining a high level of transparency.
Find out more about us at www.upcom.eu
We are looking for a Database Administrator whose responsibilities as a (DBA) will be the performance, integrity and security of databases. He or she will be involved in the planning, development and maintenance of each database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
Database Administrator technical skills, duties and responsibilities
- Microsoft SQL Server DBA with over 6+ years of IT experience in installation, upgrade, backup, recovery, administration, maintenance for MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 r2/2008/2005
- Good knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration, Database Migrations and Upgrading of SQL Server from 2008 to SQL Server 2016
- Experienced in Upgrading SQL Server Software to new versions with required Service Packs and Patches and hot fixes
- Management of high performance production CLUSTERED SQL Server database instances using Active – Passive nodes, and Active-Active nodes clustering.
- Handled all SQL administration related issues which includes, Installing, Configuring and troubleshooting Always-On, Replication, Mirroring, Clustering and Log shipping issues.
- Well knowledgeable in using advanced SQL Server features including Replication, Log Shipping, and database mirroring.
- Analyze data and made performance recommendations that increased storage efficiency.
- Monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Analyze long running queries and tuned to optimize application and system performance.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities Extensive knowledge in database maintenance and SQL Server optimization using SQL tools such as SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Maintenance Plans
- Worked on controlling user privileges, monitoring the security and Audit issues. Also administering Security by setting up Groups and then Logins for each Roles or Users for Maintenance of Databases at database level, server level and windows level
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and PowerBI administration
- Experienced in designing the OLAP systems for data mart applications using SQL Server Analysis Services
Database Administrator requirements and qualifications
- 6+ years of experience as a Database Administrator or similar role
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Private Insurance
- A dynamic challenging environment resulting continuous learning/education/progression
- Ability to work with cutting edge technologies.
- Pleasant working environment
- Ability to expand knowledge and responsibilities
Our recruitment consultants will go through your Curriculum Vitae as soon as possible and get back to you to discuss the opportunity for which you apply. If you don’t hear from us in the coming ten (10) working days, you may consider that you have not been selected for the particular job.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.