IS TesterSee all recent Jobs
Skills: Bsc in Computer Science or relevant field At least 6 years of experience in manual testing Very good proven experience and knowledge with testing technologies and tools Very good proven experience and knowledge of testing web applications and webservices
Reference Number: UPC210317
Belgium Full Time
Upcom is a dynamic IT company with 20 years of experience that provides end-to-end web and mobile solutions helping businesses to reinvent themselves in the digital world. Our team’s skills and expertise will ensure the holistic digital transformation of any organization, which will considerably improve both business operations and customer’s experience.
Our goal is to always have our end products and services reflect our deep engineering skills and elegant progressive design aesthetic. We fundamentally believe deeply in developing long term strategic partnerships with our clients by exceeding expectations and maintaining a high level of transparency.
Find out more about us at www.upcom.eu
Upcom Ltd is looking for a Functional Manual Tester to work on a project for a European Institution in Belgium. The candidate should be open and flexible to do other tasks than only testing. Most important for the client is to have a flexible, structured, reliable, hard-worker and committed consultant.
Language: English both verbal and written
Citizenship: EU only (on-EUs will only be considered if they are security clearable – EU-27 Security Clearance)
We are looking for someone flexible, who’s also willing to do other tasks than pure testing (such as writing supporting documents, technical and business analysis tasks, etc.). A versatile profile will have more impact than a pure tester who has only done testing.
Duration: Long term assignment.
Location: To be rediscussed for the post-covid era. Probably hybrid approach.
Education and technical expertise
- Bsc in Computer Science or relevant field
- At least 6 years of experience in manual testing
- Very good proven experience and knowledge with testing technologies and tools
- Very good proven experience and knowledge of testing web applications and webservices
- Very good experience in functional testing, regression testing, acceptance testing
- Solid experience testing administrative procedures
- Experience testing multilingual applications
- Capacity to develop and maintain internal testing tools
- Capacity to analyse and communicate tests results
- Good communication skills
- Good aptitudes in reporting
- Ability to learn and apply the latest testing tools
- Capability to persevere in retesting solutions.
- Good experience with using JIRA or equivalent
- Experience using SQL Developer for database queries is an asset
- Ability to participate in problem-solving and in the defect resolution process
Knowledge and experience on the following is essential:
- MS SQL
- Testing on-line web applications
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Proven ability to understand complex systems and documents
- Proven ability to follow and interpret internal procedures and standards
- Proven ability to work with imposed deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently on specific tasks.
- Capability of integration and working in a multilingual – multicultural environment
- Rapid self-starting capability
- Support in definition/elaboration of test plans
- Defining test cases
- Preparing test data
- Construction of test scenarios and scripts
- Coordinating and executing tests, investigating issues
- Reporting of test results and bugs to the stakeholders
- Definition, development and maintenance of internal testing tools
- Assisting in preparing the support structures and procedures for new IMI policy areas (e.g. Mobility Package) such as support materials (including user guides or manuals) or support related activities (e.g. follow-up of incidents related to information systems organisation of the reporting, follow-up of user requests)
- Participation in user, service and project meetings
Generally, the testing will be non-automated although there may be some opportunities to develop automated testing in particular contexts.
Our recruitment consultants will go through your Curriculum Vitae as soon as possible and get back to you to discuss the opportunity for which you apply. If you don’t hear from us in the coming ten (10) working days, you may consider that you have not been selected for the particular job.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.