SIEM Splunk EngineerSee all recent Jobs
Experience: 3 - 5 Years
Skills: Splunk - Knowledge Manager, Admin, Architect
Reference Number: UPC200713
Are you ready to upgrade your career in security?
At Upcom we believe technology should help you achieve more. We are looking for a talented Splunk engineer to join our team of IT professionals. Our client helps businesses do exactly that almost daily — co-creating innovative connected products, rapidly and securely deploying apps in the cloud, managing employee-owned devices on a global scale, and deflecting sophisticated hacker attacks. In support of its world leading position in Cyber Security, our client provides support for a wide variety of security technologies.
In This Role, You’ll Be Responsible For
- Drive complex deployments of Splunk.
- Support customer engagements end-to-end to include implementation, configuration, operations, maintenance and management of Splunk/Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM)solutions.
- Provide expertise on common types of malware and infection vectors. Identify malware and infection vectors using network and host based tools. Eradicate malware and infection vectors and verify the success of eradication efforts.
- Identify, assess, and develop solutions for customer information technology security infrastructure regarding risks and vulnerabilities.
- Ensure the project scope is correctly delivered and that the threat management practice requirements are defined/delivered.
- Accurately document work performed against customer requirements.
You’ll Need To Have
What we’re looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Splunk products as it relates to the following:
- Operation of a Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) solution based on Splunk.
- Driving complex deployments of Splunk in an operational environment.
- Experience with data analysis, logging solutions, system/network monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of security risk procedures, security patterns, authentication technologies, and security attack pathologies.
- Knowledge of current security threats and vulnerabilities, how to detect and mitigate them, ability to understand their possible consequences on the customer’s environment and provide advisory to customers.
- Experience in assessing and advising clients on long and short term solutions.
- Experience creating roadmaps, conceptual designs, and transition plans.
- Leading security specific industry certifications to include one or more of the following:
- Splunk – Knowledge Manager, Admin, Architect…
- SANS – GPEN, GCIH, GREM
- Experience of preparing solution documentation using typical MS tools (Word, Excel).
- Willingness to travel.
Even Better If You Have
- A degree in information security or computer science or cyber security or information technology.
- Five plus years’ experience as a consultant developing enterprise level network security solutions.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience delivering customer presentations aimed at aligning technical solutions with business value.
- Continuous learning (with the most modern methods), and fast career growth
- Interesting and challenging work within large-scale projects
- International dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Opportunity to work in a diverse environment with talented colleagues
Our recruitment consultants will go through your Curriculum Vitae as soon as possible and get back to you to discuss the opportunity for which you apply. If you don’t hear from us in the coming ten (10) working days, you may consider that you have not been selected for the particular job.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.